About Organic Coffee
Organic food is food produced by methods that comply with the standards of organic farming, striving to cycle resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity by restricting the use of pesticides and fertilizers in farming as well as not using irradiation, industrial solvents or synthetic food additives.
- Organic milk and meat contain around 50% more omega-3 fatty acids than non-organic.
- Organic meat has lower concentrations of two saturated fats
- Organic milk and dairy contains higher concentrations of iron, Vitamin E and some carotenoids
- Organically produced crops (cereals, fruit and vegetables) have up to 68% more antioxidants than non-organic.
- Organic fruit and vegetables contain lower concentrations of pesticides and the toxic heavy metal cadmium.
Working with farmers, growers and researchers, SA is championing practical solutions to farming's modern day challenges.
SA is making good food available in nurseries, schools, universities, hospitals, care homes, workplaces and on the high street through its Soil Association Catering mark.
As an Organic Certifier, SA works with over 6,000 businesses, which operate without chemicals, make and serve healthier food and educate their customers.